Plan on attending a FREE workshop sponsored by Dallas Water Utilities and Texas A&M AgriLife Dallas, don your green thumb, hobnob with other gardening enthusiasts, and learn how to save water. Here is the upcoming extended schedule, but make sure to reserve you seat!
- March 7 – DIY Drip Irrigation: Drip irrigation is the most efficient irrigation method for landscape beds, potted plants, vegetable gardens or home foundations. Learn how to DYI.
- April 18 – Saving from a Rainy Day: DIY Rain Barrel Class. Learn how to harvest water runoff, divert it, save it and use it.
- May 16 – Plant Combos & Companions: Learn about plant combinations that add pop, texture and natural biological control to your landscape.
- June 13 – Herb Your Enthusiasm: Set up an herb garden in your kitchen or outside garden. Choose from an assortment of tasty and beautiful herbs adapted to Texas. It’s sure to be a great thyme!
- June 18 – Sensational Succulents: Easy to grow, a dazzling display and Texas proof, succulents make quite the garden, landscape or container statement.
- August 8 – Water Efficient Landscape Design: Transform your landscape into a beautiful low maintenance, water efficient paradise
- September 19 – DIY Rain Barrel Class: Come learn the basics and benefits of rainwater harvesting and reduce the effect your stormwater has on the environment.
- October 17 – Composting: Learn how to make high quality compost at home using materials most folks throw away.