Usher in the autumn with a trusty baguette served with a side of apricot jam. With your evening meal, serve on a wooden cutting board with plaid or patterned dish cloth. This semi-sweet and savory fruit spread balances any meat dish and adds fall color to the table. Best served warm. Enjoy your jam at a lower octave, by adding a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg or clove spice. If desired, can the remaining mixture. Recipe and canning instructions below.
READY IN: 1hr / SERVES: 80 / YIELD: 10 cups
- 8 cups diced apricots
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- Pinch of seasonal spice like cinnamon, nutmeg or clove (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves
- Once mixture reaches a rolling boil, continue to boil it for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking
- Remove from heat and spoon into serving container
- You will need 5 pint jars or 10 half-pints.
- Sterilize your canning jars by boiling for 10 minutes in a hot water canner
- Scoop remaining jam mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 head space
- Wipe rims clean and put the 2-piece metal canning lids in place
- Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes
Reference material taken in part from the following sources: Genius Kitchen, recipe by Incdeb